To opt out of AFT 4574 dues:
1. Enter your information into the form below and click “submit.”
2. On the resulting page, click the link to open your customized form. You will also receive an email with a link to your form.
3. Print the form. If you check the appropriate box about needing a printed version, we’ll mail you a copy of the form.
4. Sign and date the form.
5. Mail the completed form to the address at the top of the form. We highly recommend sending it via certified mail.
Do the tactics of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) Oklahoma make you uncomfortable as a member of this association? Do you seek to be perceived as a professional rather than a line worker? Did you join with some reservations which are being confirmed by the walk out? Do you wonder about the causes and ideology supported by your union dues?
Membership in the American Federation of Teachers and Oklahoma City Federation of Classified Employees is optional for Oklahoma City school employees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Completing the form above will generate a letter you can send to AFT – Local 4574 to resign your formal union membership and cease paying dues.
Send a signed copy of your letter to:
Oklahoma City Federation of Classified Employees
AFT Local 4574
2915 N Classen Blvd Ste 220
Oklahoma City, OK 73106-5486
It is recommended that you send the letter via certified mail so you have proof of delivery.
It may be necessary to take steps to end your deduction with your bank or credit card if you are paying using those methods.
According to its membership form, AFT 4575 charges $352 per year in dues.
AFT Local 4574
AFT 4574 collected $217,000 in dues and fees from its members in calendar year 2018, according to reports the union must file with the IRS. Of that money, $65,100 went to affiliate organizations, including the AFT headquarters in Washington, D.C., to support its massive political, economic and social agenda. AFT regularly supports a host of controversial organizations.
AFT 4574 paid four employees in 2018. Union president David Gray received $83,200.
A portion of the dues paid by AFT 4574 members goes to support AFT Oklahoma.
AFT Oklahoma collected $85,000 in dues and fees from its members in fiscal year 2020, according to reports it files with the U.S. Dept. of Labor. Of that money, $8,600 went to affiliate organizations, including the AFT headquarters in Washington, D.C.
AFT Oklahoma paid two officers in fiscal year 2020. Union president Mary Best was paid $19,200.
Lastly, a portion of the dues paid by AFT 4574 members goes to support the AFT national headquarters.
American Federation of Teachers
AFT collected $186 million from its members in fiscal year 2020.
- $31.3 million was spent by AFT on divisive political candidates, causes and lobbying. This includes a $150,000 contribution to Emily’s List, an organization whose mission is to put Democratic, pro-abortion women into elected offices.
- $8.5 million was paid or contributed to various organizations, many of which are ideologically driven.
- $5.6 million was spent on airfare, hotels and travel. This includes $197,000 spent on a conference at the Flamingo Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. AFT also paid $85,000 for limousine and luxury chauffeuring services.
- $9.7 million was spent on private attorneys and consultants.
- $84,000 was spent on food and catering.
AFT paid 374 officers and employees in 2020, 235 of whom were paid six figures. AFT president Rhonda Weingarten received $453,000.