Opt Out Today

AFT 4574 – Oklahoma City Federation of Classified Employees

How school employees can opt out of Oklahoma City Classified Employees (OCFCE) AFT local 4574 dues

Do the tactics of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) Oklahoma make you uncomfortable as a member of this association? Do you seek to be perceived as a professional rather than a line worker? Did you join with some reservations which are being confirmed by the walk out? Do you wonder about the causes and ideology supported by your union dues?

Membership in the American Federation of Teachers and Oklahoma City Federation of Classified Employees is optionalfor Oklahoma City school employees.

  • We will not contact you unless you choose to receive updates from us

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I resign from OCFCE AFT local 4574?

Completing the form above will generate a letter you can send to AFT – Local 4574 to resign your formal union membership and cease paying dues.

Send a signed copy of your letter to:

Oklahoma City Federation of Classified Employees
AFT Local 4574
2915 N Classen Blvd Ste 220
Oklahoma City, OK 73106-5486

It is recommended that you send the letter via certified mail so you have proof of delivery.

It may be necessary to take steps to end your deduction with your bank or credit card if you are paying using those methods.

How much are OCFCE AFT local 4574?

Dues for are a few hundred dollars with about a third sent to Washington, D.C. for the American Federation of Teachers, and the rest is for the local association, the state council, and AFL-CIO affiliates. AFT membership is “unified,” meaning one is not allowed to be a member of just the local association without also joining and funding the AFT.

How does OCFCE AFT local 4574 spend dues money?

Because the state and national level organizations have limited workplace responsibilities, their funds are commonly spent on politics and ideological causes. AFT in Washington D.C. acknowledges that more than a third of the funds they receive are used for extraneous purposes like politics and causes.

Public employee unions are private organizations with minimal obligations to disclose financial information to members. Private sector unions report to the US Department of Labor. The Oklahoma locals do not report the same information that private sector unions do, but the national AFT does file the LM-2 report with the U.S. Department of Labor. They can be viewed at the U.S. DOL union search page.

As a nonprofit, the IRS requires the OCFCEAFT local 4574 (EIN 73-1377214) to annually file a form 990 tax return. These are public documents and can be found online at sites like the Foundation Center.